Nigeria Insider brings you the Simi’s net worth. A lot of people have been wondering how musicians are able to accumulate huge amount of wealth to themselves within a short period of time. Some ask how do musicians make this money?
Well, this post focuses on how Simi makes her money, thus Simi’s net worth. We are going to focus on Simi’s source of income, assets, businesses, endorsement deals, ambassadorial deals, albums sales and any other thing that brings her money.
Table of Contents
Who is Simi?
Born April 19, 1998, Simisola Kosoko, professionally and popularly known as Simi is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and actress. She was born and bred in Ojuelegba, a town in Lagos Nigeria.
Simi attended Stars International College, a secondary school in Ikorodu, Lagos State. She enrolled at Covenant University and graduated with a degree in mass communication.
Simi originally started as a gospel musician but later switched to Afropop, RNB and alternative music.
In January 2014, Simi released the 5-track EP Restless, which eventually earned her a record deal with X3M Music and left in 2019 after the contract expired.
Simi gained much recognition and prominence after her song Tiff got nominated for The Headies 2015. The song had massive airplay in both Nigeria and other neighboring countries.
She has collaborated with top Nigerian musicians such as Wizkid, Mr. Eazi amongst others.
Now to the main topic of discussion. What is Simi’s net worth?
Simi’s Net Worth
She is estimated to be US$550, 000 worth as of 2020.
Simi’s Assets and source of income
As a professional musician, her songs, records, albums form major part of her assets. Aside that she also has a record label (business).
Summary of Simi’s sources of income
- Business (record label)
- Beat making, sound engineering
Smart musicians always find ways to make money form music business aside their main craft. Simi established her own record label named Brat in 2019. She obviously makes money from this business.
Apart from being a singer and songwriter, Simi is also a sound engineer. He is recognized and credited for mixing and mastering Adekunle Gold’s debut studio album Gold. She does mixing and mastering for other artistes in Nigeria which obviously earns her income.
She made her first film debut in Mokalik, a film directed by Kunle Afolayan in 2019. She gets paid to play leading and assisting roles in roles in films.
She has made fortunes from lucrative endorsement deals. See the list of Simi’s endorsement deals below.
- Brand ambassador for Opera Mini in Nigeria. The deal is believed to be worth hundreds of dollars
- She bagged a moneyed endorsement with multinational brand Etisalat.
Awards and nominations
Due to her outstanding performance and contribution to the Nigerian Music and entertainment industry she’s been recognized by top award schemes in the country.
See the list of awards won by Simi.
- Most promising act to watch – 2015 Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- Most promising act of the year – 2015 City People Entertainment Awards
- Female artiste of the year – 2016 City People Entertainment Awards
- Choice upcoming female artiste – Nigerian teen choice awards 2016
- Best collaboration – the headies 2016
- Best vocale performance – the headies 2016
- Best collabo of the year – 2017 city people entertainment awards
- Songwriter of the year – 2017 AFRIMA Awards
- Best recordigng of the year – the headies 2018
- Prize for music – future awards Africa (2018)
Family & Lifestyle
Simi married singer Adekunle Gold in a private wedding ceremony on January 9, 2019. It was later revealed that they had been dating for five years.
Simi became a mother for the first time on the 30th of May 2020 when she gave birth to her daughter Adejare.