Do you know you can receive via western union money transfer from a friend or relative abroad?
Receiving money via Western Union in Nigeria is one of the fastest ways to receive money. All you need is to get a bank that accepts Western Union, and you are good to go.
Many are the times my online employer has paid me using Western Union. I have been able to withdraw my money without any challenge.
In this post, I am going to give you a step by step guide on how to successfully withdraw someone sent you via Western Union. If you are a Nigerian and you get paid online via Western Union, this post is for you.
Table of Contents
Things to note
- All Western Union payouts are strictly in US Dollars (USD).
- You are not required to pay any fees or charge for processing.
- Not all banks process Western Union Payments. Find an agent
- Original and photocopy of your Identification card
- A valid national identification card (ID number will be required)
- Answer to test question
- Completed Western Union Form
- The Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
- Receiver’s full name
- Receiver’s Address
- Receiver’s Telephone Number
- Originating country
- Expected amount (Leave blank if you are not sure)
- Sender’s Full Name
- Sender’s telephone number (if applicable)
Steps to receive money through Western Union in Nigeria
- Visit any Western Union agent or bank
- Request for a Western Union Payout slip
- Fill out the western union payout slip with all required details
- Make a photocopy of your Identification Card
- Hand a copy of your ID Card and the filled slip to the teller.
- Wait for processing.
- Once processing completes, you will be required to append your signature on the customer and agent receipt.
- Receive your cash
- You have successfully withdrawn western money in Nigeria.
You can proceed to deposit the money into your bank account.
Banks that process Western Union Payments
Below is a list of some banks that accept western union transactions.
- United Bank of Africa (UBA)
- First Bank of Nigeria PLC (all locations)
- Zenith International Bank (all locations)
- Wema Bank (all locations)
- Standard Trust Bank (all locations)
- Oceanic Bank International (limited locations)
- Ecobank Nigeria PLC (limited locations)
- AllStates Trust Bank (limited locations)
- NBM Bank (limited locations)
What is the western union money limit?
Union allows only USD3,000 to be processed in one payout. Amount higher than this will be split into multiple payments.
What is MTCN?
This is a special tracking number that will allow you to the status of the transfer.
How do I get MTCN?
The sender will provide you with this number.
Source: Nigeria Insider